Social Care - Independant Living
- A large national housing body building a new sheltered housing/assisted living apartment block.
- The customer requires a system to be installed to allow residents to live independently but to also be able to easily call for assistance if required. They also requested that the door entry system and intercom system be incorporated for ease of use and budgetary reasons.
What We Delivered
- After consultation with the housing body and their engineers it was decided that the best solution was the Tunstall Communicall Vi system.
- The client was very familiar with the Communicall system as they are installed in their other sheltered housing projects as well. The system consists of a speech module in each apartment with a pull-cord in the bathroom.
- The pendants work throughout the apartment block and grounds and not just in their own apartment which allows them to call for assistance from wherever they need to.
- A Communicall Vi door panel with integrated key-fob reader was installed at the main apartment entrance door and main entrance gate.
- The door panels allow the system to act as an intercom system and door entry system without the extra costs of standalone systems.
- Residents use the fob reader to enter the building and visitors can call an apartment from the door panel and speak to the resident.
- The resident can then unlock the main door from the apartment to let the visitor in if they wish to do so. Having all systems combined (emergency call, intercom and door access) gives ease of use for the resident while maintaining the security of the building all very important requirements for a sheltered housing development.
- The system is linked to a 24 hour monitoring centre ensuring a fast and efficient response to any call from a resident.
- Each resident was issued with a MyAmie personal pendant and key-fobs.